My favorite cookies of all time are White Choc Macadamia. When I drive past Subway, I don’t stop for their sandwiches, I pull the fuck over for some White Choc Macadamia cookies. I had tried several different recipes, from Susanna Tee’s 1001 Cupcakes,Cookies & Other Tempting Treats to a few of the recipes on Taste.com.au, and this is an amalgamation - this is how I make my favorite, melt-in-your-mouth cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon almond essence
2 1/2 cups Plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add the flour and salt, stir until consistent.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture into your hand and roll the dough, some nuts and some chocolate into a ball (This way you can decide how much of the good stuff each cookie gets).
- Place the ball onto a greased/papered tray, and flatten with your fingers.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden-brown.